When it comes to content marketing, there are few I respect more than Marcus Sheridan of The Sales Lion. He is the most inspiring person I’ve ever had the pleasure of spending time with, and the level of passion and enthusiasm he puts into everything he does is nothing short of mind-boggling. In this podcast, Marcus shares some of his unique insights into what it really takes to be a truly successful content marketer.
I met Marcus last year at the 2011 MarketingSherpa Optimization Summit in Atlanta. We pretty much clicked instantly and we’ve been friends ever since. He truly is one of the most awesome people I know, and his energy is so contagious that, every time I talk to him, I feel ready to take on the world!
Get Marcus’ insights on:
- The importance of learning to say “No”
- How to stay inspired when writing content starts to feel like a chore
- The power of having “been there and done that”
- Why free e-books still are a powerful tool for generating business
- Why “Likes” and “Shares” hold no value in themselves
- Why it’s the person who can be the kindergarten teacher – not the college professor – that’s going to win the hearts of the audience
Video interview with Marcus from the 2011 Optimization Summit in Atlanta
This video interview can be viewed as a “prequel” to the podcast. In the video, Marcus tells us about how he got into content marketing and gives actionable advice on how to dominate the competition online with powerful content.
Marcus’ blog TheSalesLion.com
Marcus’ free 230-page e-book Inbound & Content Marketing Made Easy