As Director of Editorial Content for MECLABS, Daniel Burstein oversees all editorial content coming from the MarketingExperiments / MarketingSherpa brands. He was the main writer powering the MarketingExperiments publishing engine and has vast experience with content marketing. I had the pleasure of hanging out with Daniel at the 2012 Optimization Summit in Denver, and he was happy to share some of his insights on the power of free content and the relationship between free content and profit.
- The role of free content in online marketing
- The relationship between free content and making a profit
- The importance of developing a relationship with your audience
- How to nurture leads via free content
- The main obstacles that keep businesses from using free content in their marketing efforts
Daniel’s 3 tips for how to get started with Content Marketing:
Transparent Marketing – How to earn the trust of a skeptical consumer (Dr. Flint’s article mentioned in the podcast)